OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Covid-19 has had an obvious and serious effect on everyone’s lives in 2020. We provide sport and exercise healthcare to 15,000+ patients each year. The services we provide are essential and help these people remain active and fit. Therefore, we will be continuing to operate during the pandemic through both face-to-face and telehealth.
During the pandemic, our clinic remains open to provide face-to-face healthcare on Monday – Saturdays for osteopathic services.
For patient safety we have:
- Requested our team has completed training concerning coronavirus and infection management from the Commonwealth Government’s Department of Health.
- Implemented a system requiring our team to report if they are exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms before attending work.
- Implemented a system requiring patients to confirm they are not exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms before attending appointments.
- Commenced providing hand sanitiser to our patients on arrival.
- Reduced the number of seats in our waiting rooms to ensure there is 4 sqm per person.
- Reduced the number of seats in our consultation rooms to ensure there is 4 sqm per person. Where 4 sqm per person is not possible, we have taken the consultation room out of service.
- Migrated from using linen to paper face sheets, which are changed after every patient, on all treatment couches.
- Migrated from clinic-grade disinfectant to hospital-grade disinfectant.
We have also stopped accepting payment or providing change via coins and notes at our sites due to the inherent safety risk of passing physical money between people. Patients may pay via card, bank transfer.
- We have opened a Telehealth Campus which enables you to attend appointments from home or work through video-link via the internet. Telehealth is similar to FaceTime, Skype, Viber and Zoom and allows you to interact with your practitioner visually. Telehealth is easy to use, from your phone, tablet or computer and is encrypted for your privacy and safety.
- Medicare rebates are available for appointments with Osteopaths through CDM care plans.
- Private health insurance rebates may be available for appointments with Allied Health Practitioners. Please contact your insurer for further details.
- You can book an appointment online at BHC online booking
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
For further information about Covid-19, we recommend you visit:
- The Commonwealth Department of Health‘s web site at https://bit.ly/2K2DlAx
- The Victorian Department of Health‘s web site at https://bit.ly/2XwOkKw
Additionally, the Australian Institute of Sport‘s web site provides useful information about coronavirus in the context of sport which you can view by visiting https://bit.ly/2wCCu6H
If you require non-urgent medical assistance concerning Covid-19, please phone your general practice. If you require urgent medical assistance concerning Covid-19 please make your way to a hospital emergency department or telephone 000.