What to expect from an
For any questions, just call 93299889
Initial Osteopathic Consultation
Osteopathic treatment in North Melbourne starts with a thorough assessment, diagnosis and hands-on techniques for treating common musculoskeletal conditions and injuries.
Our osteopaths treat the body as a whole with a focus on providing both immediate symptomatic relief and achieving long lasting outcomes.
The goal of osteopathic treatment is to promote healing and enhance the body’s natural ability to regulate and heal itself, rather than relying solely on medication or surgery. Osteopathy is often used to treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, such as back pain, neck pain, and joint problems, as well as non-musculoskeletal conditions such as asthma, migraines, and digestive issues.
Osteopathic treatment is typically individualised to each patient’s unique needs and may involve a series of sessions over a period of time to achieve optimal results.
The treatment itself can vary practitioner to practitioner, but all will involve a hands on approach. Osteopaths have a wide variety of manual techniques they use to treat various complaints.
- Soft tissue Massage
- Articulation (joints are passively taken through their range of motion by the practitioner)
- Muscle Energy Techniques (used to lengthen tight, contracted muscles)
- Counterstrain (releases tight muscles by positioning the affected muscle in a shortened position to stretch the opposing muscles)
- Manipulations (short, quick movements used to unlock joints and get them moving better)
- Functional Techniques (gentle mobilisation of joints by easing patterns of stress)
- Visceral Techniques (used to influence the function of organs)
- Dry Needling
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Golfer’s elbow
- Buttock pain
- Leg pain
- Hamstring strains
- Shin splints
- Muscle Spasms
- Sciatic Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Now you know what Osteopathy is about, contact us to book an appointment!
Being situated just north of Melbourne’s CBD, our osteopaths treat a variety of both office based and sporting injuries.
Our Osteopaths in Melbourne are currently available Monday to Saturday.