What to expect from
For any questions, just call 93299889
Initial Osteopathic Consultation
At Body & Health Creation. we use skilled assessment, diagnosis and hands-on techniques to treat common musculoskeletal conditions and injuries.
Our osteopaths treat the body as a whole with a focus on providing both immediate symptomatic relief and achieving long lasting outcomes.
THE OSTEOPATHIC TREATMENT
The treatment itself can vary practitioner to practitioner, but all will involve a hands on approach. Osteopaths have a wide variety of manual techniques they use to treat various complaints.
- Soft tissue Massage
- Articulation (joints are passively taken through their range of motion by the practitioner)
- Muscle Energy Techniques (used to lengthen tight, contracted muscles)
- Counterstrain (releases tight muscles by positioning the affected muscle in a shortened position to stretch the opposing muscles)
- Manipulations (short, quick movements used to unlock joints and get them moving better)
- Functional Techniques (gentle mobilisation of joints by easing patterns of stress)
- Visceral Techniques (used to influence the function of organs)
- Dry Needling
CONDITIONS WHICH RESPOND TO DRY NEEDLING INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Golfer’s elbow
- Buttock pain
- Leg pain
- Hamstring strains
- Shin splints
- Muscle Spasms
- Sciatic Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Now you know what Osteopathy is about, contact us to book an appointment!
Being situated just north of Melbourne’s CBD, our osteopaths treat a variety of both office based and sporting injuries.
Our Osteopaths in Melbourne are currently available Monday to Saturday.